Health Insurance Marketplace
The Health Insurance Marketplace was designed for individuals who do not have access to affordable employer-based health coverage and for individuals who do not qualify for Insurance Affordability Programs such as Medicaid or CHIP. Individuals whose income falls below 400% of the Federal Poverty Level may be eligible for income-based subsidies such as, Advance Premium Tax Credits (APTCs) and Cost Sharing Reductions (CSRs). There are more guidelines beyond income that may restrict access to APTCs or CSRs. After completing an application you will receive eligibility results that will tell you whether you're eligible to purchase health insurance through the Health Insurance Marketplace as well as your eligibility for lower costs.
- If you incorrectly report your income or if you do not keep your Marketplace account current the IRS will request a full or partial reimbursement to cover the amount the IRS overpaid to you throughout the year.
- If you are married, you must file your taxes married filing jointly in order to receive APTC or CSR.
- If your employer offers health insurance, you may not be eligible to receive APTC or CSR through The Health Insurance Marketplace, you can use the employer coverage tool to help collect the information needed for your marketplace application.
How to apply to the Health Insurance Marketplace:
- In-Person Assistance from a Certified Application Counselor at Ohio Hills Health Services
- Call the Health Insurance Marketplace at 1-800-318-2596
- Print off a paper application, complete, and mail it into the Health Insurance Marketplace