Ohio Hills Health Services | Online Calendar
August 4, 2020 - 05:00pm
Back to Calendar
- Free, six-week educational class for individuals diagnosed with diabetes or pre-diabetes
- 5:00 - 6:30 PM, every Tuesday, August 4, 11, 18, 25, September 1, 8
- Aarica Hanes, LPN, OHHS and Rachel Hannahs, RN, OHHS, will be the instructors
- Course will cover topics such as understanding the human body, diabetes risk factors and complications, nutrition and meal planning, understanding and managing diabetes medications, physical activity, accessing your health team and managing stress
- Due to the COVID-19 pandemic precautions are being taken to ensure the safety of participants. Everyone must wear a mask and if an individual does not have a mask it will be provided. Everyone will have their temperature taken as they enter the building. The number of participants will be limited to a maximum of ten and the lobby will be set up to ensure everyone is at least 6 feet apart.
- Everyone is welcome to attend this six-week class which will be held at Ohio Hills Health Services, 101 East Main Street, Barnesville, Ohio in the main lobby. Participants do not need to be a patient of Ohio Hills Health Services. Family members are welcome to attend if space permits, as their knowledge and support can make a difference for a family member who has diabetes. Please call 740- 239-6447 to register for this class or ask to speak with Aarica Hanes if you need additional information.